Thursday, October 1, 2015

Button Won't Postback with IOS 9

I had a problem today where an application with an older code base, ASP.NET 2.0 had compatibility issues in Safari 9. The application was a login application and with the release of Apple's IOS9, the submit button wouldn't postback. Therefore, no users with Apple devices with the new IOS could login.

The key to getting the button to activate was adding a configuration setting to the web.config file to allow the Apple Web Kit version 601:

<system.web>
...
 <browserCaps>
      <filter>
        <case match="AppleWebKit/601">
          EcmaScriptVersion = 1.5
          supportsCallback = true
        </case>
      </filter>
    </browserCaps>
...
</system.web>

After adding this setting, the button works on IOS9 with Safari 9 and users could login again. You can continue to add cases for additional web kits as needed.

12 comments:

  1. Provides to You Online Earning Tuts And Full Training Videos For All Of You as Speed Up Internet Download Manager In Hindi & Urdu Full Video This Is The Realy Good Point To Use Speed Up IDM And Download Any Vide... psd to email

    ReplyDelete
  2. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks. search engine optimization westchester ny

    ReplyDelete
  3. create a website a free website with easysite.com. Customize with easysite.com' free website builder, no coding skills needed. Choose a design, begin customizing and be online today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you make this kind of article, this was not just detailed it is also resourceful. Every day I am looking forward for more post. seo san jose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply could not depart your site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info an individual provide for your visitors? Is gonna be again steadily to inspect new posts https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this website. I am hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal website now �� andreslumia.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My site discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way! My Blog http://moviescrib.angelfire.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful website you’s have at this point what everyone’s comments on our website with reference to wwe supercard hack online My Blog http://talkiewire.sitey.me/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great put up, very іnfοrmative.
    I wondeг why the other spеciаlists of this sector ԁon’t understand this. You must continue your writing. I’m ѕure, you have
    a huge rеadeгs’ base already! My Blog http://www.marvelscreen-40.webself.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Good blog post.provided a helpful information.I hope that you will post more updates like this ios Online Training Bangalore

    ReplyDelete